If you are using an iPhone model that supports iOS 16, we have good news for you. Apple has officially released iOS 16.3.
iOS 16.3 comes with several bug fixes, including the new HomePod boost, physical FIDO keys for Apple ID, new Unity wallpaper, and horizontal lines appearing on the screen when waking the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
What’s new in iOS 16.3?
The innovations and improvements included in the official announcement provided by Apple are as follows:
- The new Unity wallpaper honors black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month.
- Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their accounts by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices.
- HomePod (2nd generation) supplement.
- In order to prevent false alarm situations of emergency SOS calls, it is now necessary to hold down the side button with the upper or lower volume button and then release it.
- Fixes an issue in the FreeForm app where some drawing contours created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards.
- Fixes an issue where the wallpaper appears black on the Lock Screen.
- Fixes an issue that caused horizontal lines to appear discontinuously when waking the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Situations where Siri is not responding properly to music requests are eliminated.
- Fixed issues that caused Siri requests to be misunderstood in CarPlay.
iPhone models that support iOS 16.3
In order to install iOS 16.3, you must be using one of the following iPhone models.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2020, SE 2022
- iPhone 12, 12 small, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 small, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max
How to install iOS 16.3?
On your iPhone supporting iOS 16.3 Settings > General > Software Update follow the path. After a short inspection, you will see that the iOS 16.3 update is ready. After that, just tap on Download and Install and give the necessary approvals.