Tesla’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Elon Musk has finished his defense in the lawsuit filed by Tesla investors due to a post he made in 2018 and started to be heard in San Francisco Federal Court last week.
Noting in his word on Friday that there is no relationship between his tweets and Tesla share price movements, Musk repeated his words in his defense on Monday.
When Musk shared the subject, he said that he received a wordful commitment from the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund to finance the withdrawal of Tesla from the Stock Exchange.
Stating that another reason he stated that he provided financing in his tweet was that he could sell his SpaceX shares, Musk said that he did not aim to mislead investors with his sharing.
In his statement on Tuesday, Musk concluded his defense by stating that he had no ill intentions while sharing, and tweeted with the aim of informing investors and “doing the right thing”.
Shareholders claim loss
Tesla CEO Musk stated in a Twitter post in 2018 that he was considering withdrawing the company from the stock market by paying $ 420 per share, and the funds were secured for this.
Tesla investors, on the other hand, filed a lawsuit against Musk, stating that they lost billions of dollars due to the sharing in question.
Lawyers for the plaintiffs argue that Musk deliberately misled investors with his speech and caused an imbalance in Tesla shares.