- What is Self Care?
• Types of self-care ?
• What are the things that are good for self-care?
Self-care is defined as the whole of activities that individuals do consciously with the aim of paying attention to their physiological, spiritual and mental health and increasing functionality. Self-care can be accomplished through a wide variety of actions. Proper nutrition and systematic sleep are the most basic examples of self-care. On the other hand, self-care is not just about meeting the basic physical needs of individuals adequately; Individuals’ spending time with their family or social environment, cultural activities, satisfying interpersonal interactions, and creating mechanisms where the individual’s needs can be met with a conscious effort can be counted as examples of self-care.
Types of Self-Care;
Self-Care for the Body:
Our physiological health comes first before the psychological and mental part, because even the slightest physical fatigue can cause our plans to be disrupted, our performance to decrease and we feel terrible.
Self-Care for the Mind:
Secondly comes self-care for the mind. The order of these may vary within themselves and according to the individual.
Self-Care for the Soul:
Finally, another valuable part of you: your soul. That is your mental health. It is a module that has the ability to affect your body, your job, your relationships and almost every aspect of your life quickly.
What are the things that are right for self-care?
- Go for a walk.
- Consume plenty of water.
- Pay attention to your sleep system.
- Have a healthy breakfast and eat quality food.
- do breathing exercises
- Meditation: the most pleasant way to quiet your mind a little bit is meditation. You can use different applications.
- Go offline for 1 hour only. Turn off the phone and stay away from the message tones.
- Change the way you use it all the time. Breaking out of habits is beneficial and enjoyable for the brain.
- Show yourself compassion.
- Take care to read the book.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Every day, write down 5 items you are grateful for in that notebook.
- Get yourself a gift.
- Help a human or animal.
- Get psychotherapy if you can.